Coronaviruses are a large family of viruses that cause respiratory infections, including the common cold and flu. COVID-10 is a new disease caused by a new (novel) strain of coronavirus.
How Is Coronavirus Spread?
Coronaviruses, such as COVID-19 are usually spread through cough droplets. As well as this, coronaviruses can typically live on surfaces that haven't been disinfected for up to 9 days!
Do I Have Coronavirus
The symptoms of coronavirus are much like those of the flu. There are, however, three priimary indicators that you have contracted coronavirus:
- Dry Cough
- Shortness of Breath
How to Not Catch & Spread Coronavirus
- Wash your hands thoroughly and frequently
- Cover your mouth and face when in public
- Clean commonly used devices (such as computers and phones) with anti-viral cleaners/wipes
- Avoid crowded places and travelling to areas where the virus is known to be
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, mouth and face
- Cook and prepare all food thoroughly
What Do I Do If I Have Coronavirus?
If you think you have coronavirus there's several steps you need to take...
- It is advised you to stay indoors for 7 days
- If you are living with someone, you must stay at home for 14 days
- Avoid all contact with people over 70, pregnant women or people with weakened immune systems
- Self-isolate to limit your exposure to the virus
What Is Self Isolation?
To "self-isolate" means staying in your home and avoiding all physical contact with other people. Ask your friends to help you with shopping or order online. Only leave the house if you absolutely have to!
How Do I Treat Coronavirus?
There is currently no treatment for coronavirus.
Where can I get help?
Please visit your local emergency room if you are experiencing symptoms.